Stay safe and save the environment with
100% cotton washable face mask
Instructions for use and maintenance of your hand-made face mask
- Fitting the mask. The rounded open-ended part of the mask is at the top. Pull the mask over your head so the elastic band rests in your neck. Then fit the mask snugly over your nose and mouth, pull the elastic at the top ends of the mask tight (not too tight) and tie a knot at the back of your head, a bit towards the crown of your head. You can keep this knot tight, as this is your size now.
- Increasing the level of protection. Cut a small piece of material that fits inside the mask, between the colourful and the white layer of cotton. Recommended are kitchen paper, and vacuum cleaner bags or thick quilter's cotton.
- Washing your mask. Before washing, take out the elastic and loose material. You can rethread the elastic with a safety-pin later. You can wash it at 40-60℃, and make sure you use washing detergent, grated Savon de Marseille or green soap. Dry on the air and iron to kill all bacteria. Wash bright colours separately.
- Tip to keep the colours bright and tight Wash and rinse your mask the first time in cold water with a few tablespoons of vinegar.
- Care. When the mask is not in use, keep it in the pouch in your bag or pocket. Enjoy your safe, fashionable face mask!
🚫 This mask is NOT made for use by professional hospital carers.